RE: Results of running tests with GNU make 3.81beta2

From: Jerker Bäck
Subject: RE: Results of running tests with GNU make 3.81beta2
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:25:30 +0200

Paul S:
> I would like to have the regression tests get a 100% pass
> rate on Windows but for that to happen someone is going to
> have to investigate how to reproduce or rewrite the
> functionality which is failing.

Naturally, WHO will do it?
I think that there is nothing wrong the scripts. Neither do I think that
there is a bug causing the failed tests. The unix features you talk about -
what are they? I think you have a pretty good idea on what is failing, or?
The NTFS file system DO have symbolic links. It is actually possible to make
your own private file objects with whatever properties you want. In fact, I
have a "full featured" posix NT subsystem on my machine with symbolic links
and I'm using hardlinks when building GNU make. I can also mount my
"G:\lib\GNU\make\3.81beta2" as "C:\make". Problem is, implementation of
features like this in GNU make is missing or with only limited support.

regards
JB