RE: wrong link command called

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: RE: wrong link command called
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:45:30 -0500 (EST)

<quote who="Jonathan Baccash">
> No, my PATH is set properly.  As I stated in my first email, the link
> command calls the correct link command if you force make to spawn a
> shell to do it, i.e. when I try something like "which link && link
> /DEBUG $^ /OUT:$@".  The problem is that GNU make uses OpenFile(), which
> first looks in the directory where make was begun, BEFORE the path.
> This is apparently not how the Cygwin shell lookup works.

You're posting to the make_w32 list which doesn't support Cygwin make.
You stated that you have built the beta version of make.  Is that version
dependent on Cygwin or is it native?

The PATH variable of the parent make will not propagate to the child
unless you explicitly export it.  This is a new feature of the beta.  If
you have a native make and if the PATH of the Cygwin shell is different
that the PATH of the Win32 system, it is possible that your child
processes do not have the same PATH as the parent.  If you have a cygwin
make, then please post to the address@hidden list for support.

Earnie

--
      MinGW - http://www.mingw.org/