Re: CVS Make

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: CVS Make
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:50:06 -0500 (EST)

<quote who="Earnie Boyd">

> <quote who="Paul D. Smith">
>> If you look in the README.cvs file it gives the instructions you need to
>> build a from-CVS version of GNU make.  Is that what you're looking for?
>>

> Well sort of.  Unfortunately I don't have autopoint installed!  Creating a
> noop autopoint doesn't help.  Now I'll try gettext.  :((

Ok with gettext installed ``autoreconf -i -f'' now works.  However I must
build with --disable-nls because of

<error>
make[3]: Entering directory `/prj/pkg/src/make/tryit/bld/po'
make[4]: Entering directory `/prj/pkg/src/make/tryit/bld/po'
File be.po does not exist. If you are a translator, you can create it
through 'msginit'.
make[4]: *** [be.po-create] Error 1
</error>

But configuring --disable-nls I get:

<error>
Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/prj/pkg/src/make/tryit/bld/doc'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `fdl.texi', needed by
`../../doc/make.info'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/prj/pkg/src/make/tryit/bld/doc'
</error>

Is my environment missing something it needs or does fdl.texi need to be
uploaded to CVS?

Earnie

--
http://www.mingw.org