Re: GNU make for cygwin performance

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make for cygwin performance
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:24:27 -0500

Technically, the Cygwin port of GNU make is not supported by this list:
the Cygwin folks have made changes to the version of GNU make that they
distribute which means that we can't always help with problems with that
version.

Obviously if it's a "general" make problem, we can help.  But, for
performance problems related to the Cygwin version you'll probably need
to contact the Cygwin folks.

You can also try to build GNU make yourself from the FSF-distributed
source, and see if that helps, I suppose.