Re: make 3.81 MinGW port and testsuite working with MSYS

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: make 3.81 MinGW port and testsuite working with MSYS
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:49:41 +0000

Regarding the conversion from CRLF -> LF format text files for the
output test comparisons. Would it not be possible to simply read
$logfile (in perl code) into a buffer, remove the CR, then write it back out
to $logfile ? (Overwriting the CRLF text file with an LF format text file).

Alternatively there is the read_file_from_string() function, perhaps
that could be modified with an extra boolean argument to remove the CR's
after loading the text file.

(cvs update is not working for me at present on the CVS, so I cannot see
your test script changes Paul.)

Kind regards
JG