Re: make 3.81 MinGW port and testsuite working with MSYS

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: make 3.81 MinGW port and testsuite working with MSYS
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:57:57 +0000

Hi Paul,

  jg> I wonder if you locally implemented this CR stripping
  jg> functionality? (I could not see it in CVS version of
  jg> test_driver.pl)

I haven't committed anything, but I did send a replacement function
to this set of recipients yesterday that tries to make this change.

Alessandro sent an alternative later that I haven't looked at yet.

Ok, I will take a look at that, I got your email now.

I'd really prefer to avoid delaying the release.  Please, concentrate on
making sure that the port behaves correctly, it will build properly,
etc.  If the only issue is that some of the regression tests don't run
properly due to system differences I probably wouldn't want to hold the
release just for that, as long as we understand what breaks and more or
less why (enough to know it's a test suite problem rather than a problem
with make itself).

Ok, I will go through and post details of what are make and what are MSYS/shell failures shortly.
Kind regards
JG

--
Homepage: http://jguk.org/