Re: Schedule for GNU make 3.81

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Schedule for GNU make 3.81
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:53:22 -0500

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg> This sounds good, it would save me having to put a dos2unix
  jg> command or use special diff options.

  jg> Previously I tried to use a DJ diff.exe, but that did not work
  jg> with the rest of the testing process (if I remember correctly).
  jg> Using dos2unix.exe did work, but then unlink was deleting my MSVC
  jg> win32 make.exe instead of a temp file.

It seems like the simplest thing to do, from a portability standpoint,
would be for the regression test Perl script to fix up the output file
itself, before invoking diff on it.

It seems like it should be simple enough to rewrite the
run_command_with_output() sub in test_driver.pl to first capture the
output rather than redirecting it to the file, then translations can be
made to the output, then it could be written to the file.

I thought of just doing the comparison internally, but having the diff
output file when something goes wrong is very helpful.