Re: $(eval) failing with long define substitution: virtual memory exhaus

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: $(eval) failing with long define substitution: virtual memory exhausted
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:16:52 -0500

This is a known problem.  It's been fixed in CVS, and there's a beta
version of the next release that contains the fix.

   http://make.paulandlesley.org/make-3.81beta2.tar.gz

Note that the Cygwin version of GNU make is slightly different than the
version provided by the FSF, and supported by this mailing list, so
you'll need to take up the details with Cygwin if you want to continue
to use their version.