Re: Schedule for GNU make 3.81

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: Schedule for GNU make 3.81
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:12:14 +0000

Hi Paul,

The patch I posted sometime ago, to add "MAKE = nmake" to
make/w32/subproc/NMakefile does not seem to be in this beta.  The MAKE
variable is used by NMakefile, so it is better to define it internally
to what is required.  The make/NMakefile patch to which is the same
revision is in this beta release.

Could my patch to change the MSVC warning level be incorporated
please?  Basically changing /W3 to /W4 in those NMakefiles and build_32.bat

I posted a number of build warning fixes in files main.c, job.c, file.c
and others. Do you still have that email? Could you commit those
revisions as well please?

Using your beta2 code, I noticed some serious problems in the file.c hash
code, pointers not within their range, and read overruns etc.  I can
spend time locating and fixing these if that would be supported for
consideration. Let me know if it is worth me spending time working on
those issues please.

Kind regards
JG