Re: Building with case-insensitivity

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: Building with case-insensitivity
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:47:31 -0700

Paul D. Smith wrote:

%% "E. Weddington" <address@hidden> writes:

ew> It would sure be nice to be able to add a configure switch to ew> automatically do this for the upcoming 3.81 release.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a configure switch".  As far as I know
(and I'm no expert since I don't build/use the Windows port) you don't
run configure (which is a POSIX shell script) on Windows; instead you
rename the appropriate config.h* file.  So, a configure switch wouldn't
help.

I'm building from the mingw patched version of make, and I'm building it in Cygwin (obviously a POSIX environment), using GCC. I'm not building using MS's compilers as recommended in that particular README. So, in this case, having a configure switch would be helpful, for example:
CC="gcc -mno-cygwin"
../$archivedir/configure \
       --prefix=$installdir \
       --host=mingw32 \
       --build=mingw32 \
       --with-case-insensitive-fs
       2>&1 | tee make-configure.log

make all install 2>&1 | tee make-make.log

And the "--with-case-insensitive-fs" switch would automatically #define HAVE_CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS in config.h.

HTH
Eric