Re: Building with case-insensitivity

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: Building with case-insensitivity
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:38:08 -0700

Paul D. Smith wrote:

%% "E. Weddington" <address@hidden> writes:

 ew> I recently built 3.80 from the mingw sources, and apparently it
 ew> built with case-sensitivity on. In looking at the archives, it
 ew> seems to be implied that this can be turned off with a configure
 ew> switch, correct?

ew> I haven't been able to find in the manual any list of configure ew> switches. What configure switch would turn case-sensitivity off?

 ew> And will there be a section added to the manual about building make?

No.  The manual is for using make, not building it.

The instructions for building it are in the README* files in the source
distribution.  The README.W32 file has information for building on a
Windows platform, including a discussion of the case-sensitivity issue.

Thanks for replying so quickly!

From that README, it looks like I would just have to add HAVE_CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS to config.h.

It would sure be nice to be able to add a configure switch to automatically do this for the upcoming 3.81 release.

Thanks again for your help,
Eric