Any info on using LilyPond (and other cygwin apps) from the XP command l

From: Josh Don
Subject: Any info on using LilyPond (and other cygwin apps) from the XP command line?
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 06:54:39 -0800 (PST)

Any info on using LilyPond (and other cygwin apps) from the windows command line?

Mats said...
You cannot run lilypond from a Windows command prompt, you have to run
it from the Cygwin command prompt, which you open by clicking on the
"Cygwin" icon or start menu item.

I thought it was ok, because "C:\cygwin\bin\lilypond.exe -h" worked.
but then "C:\cygwin\bin\lilypond.exe C:\t.ly" returned that "dlopen" thing
So, how do I run the Cygwin command prompt from a Windows command prompt?

I realise these things aren't LilyPond issues, which group would be best
to post them to?

P.S.
Double-clicking and LilyPond does work I deleted C:\CYGWIN to uninstall, so I did read that, but I only just read/realised that the installer is also the uninstaller.

While re-installing cygwin I got this other Error Message
in a popup dialog...