Re: CMD.EXE support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CMD.EXE support
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:17:58 +0200

> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:01:49 -0600
> From: <address@hidden>
>
> I get the feeling that CMD.EXE is thought of as not much better than
> COMMAND.COM, and that's just not the case.

This is true, but only for cmd.exe from Windows XP and later.
Previous versions of Windows had cmd.exe that was much more stupid.

So the first thing to do if you want to boost support for cmd.exe is
to write code that detects what version of cmd.exe is available.

> Is anyone else in this area of the code? I'd like to work together on
> it.

I don't have time to contribute code, but I can help with advice and
code review.

Thanks.