Re: Bug in sub_proc.c: what to patch?

From: Alessandro Vesely
Subject: Re: Bug in sub_proc.c: what to patch?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:15:10 +0100

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> <quote who="Alessandro Vesely">
> >
> > Curiously, the win32 specific function scans the file
> > looking for a "#! /blah" shebang before invoking the
> > CreateProcess. I doubt that feature might be useful
> > for anything, as it would require creating a `#!.bat'
> > file to be clled by the command interpreter...
> >

> IIRC, it will execute sh.exe if one exists and pass a file beginning with
> #! to it.  One might have sh.exe because of Cygwin or MSYS or Win32
> versions of zsh or ksh.

Yes, you'right. I use MSYS, but it works so smoothly that I
keep forgetting it is still Windows. Anyway, it is possible
to patch that code so that it also works when using cmd.exe
or command.com. I'm gonna do that soon.

BTW, what about a read-only variable reporting if the shell
is unixy? One could then write, e.g.

   $(if $(NOT_UNIX),if exist *.obj del *.obj,rm -f *.obj)