Re: Spacing in environmental variable

From: igdmake
Subject: Re: Spacing in environmental variable
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:49:35 -0500 (CDT)

> There is an idea, item (7) in TODO.private of the cvs for the support of
> paths containing spaces if you are interested in working on this idg.

I reviewed item 7.  What code needs to be targeted for a "clean" patch to
occur?  Are you looking for a Makefile solution or something deeper?  It
would be helpful if you could drect me to a specific unit and procedure or
function so I can review.

Item 7 suggests learning how to live with special chars in the path such
as ":".  I'm looking at this from a utilitarian view point.  A minority
would be adversely affected if support for those chars were dropped.
However, wouldn't the greatest good for the majority occur if support for
spaces were added?

Best wishes,
Bob Marietta