Re: Need help on install/compile gnumake 3.80

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Need help on install/compile gnumake 3.80
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:59:44 +0200

> From: "Hung Le" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:07:29 +0000
>
> I have problem compiling gnumake-3.80.

If you need Make for the DJGPP environment, this is not the right
place to post such reports.  The right place is the DJGPP news group,
comp.os.msdos.djgpp, or its email gateway address@hidden

I will answer your questions anyway.

> I typed in configure.bat in command line and it tell me to type dosbuild.bat.
>
> C:\DJGPP\gnu\make-3.80>configure.bat
> Configuring MAKE for DJGPP
> The Vdm Redirector is already loaded

This message comes from Windows: it means that your PATH is set up
incorrectly.  You should have your C:\DJGPP\BIN directory _before_
the Windows directories.  The result is that, instead of invoking the
DJGPP-supplied redir.exe, configure.bat invoked the Windows program
by the same name, and thus failed to realize that you already have a
working port of Make, and thus don't need to use dosbuild.bat.

> but when I type dosbuild.bat it give me error.
>
> C:\DJGPP\gnu\make-3.80>gcc -c -I. -I./glob -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 -g main.c -o
> main.o
> main.c: In function `main':
> main.c:874: error: `LOCALEDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
> main.c:874: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> main.c:874: error: for each function it appears in.)

dosbuild.bat wasn't updated in quite some time.  You should add

         -DLOCALEDIR=\"/dev/env/DJDIR/share/locale\"

to the compilation command lines in dosbuild.bar, and then it will
work.

> I have installed DJGPP which have gnu/make-3.79, and it make.exeis in
> DJGPP/bin directory
> Is this make.exe is the same or for gnumake?

This is GNU Make, but it's an older version.  You can safely use it,
if you want to develop DJGPP programs.

Btw, the latest official DJGPP port of GNU Make is version 3.79.1,
you should be able to find it here:

  ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/mak3791b.zip