Re: process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:07:36 -0500

You note a problem with Cygwin, take it to address@hidden

Earnie.

twk wrote:

Nie Zam wrote:
process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)

I have seen this symptom before, on Win XP.

We were using GNU make 3.80, built for win32
using VC.net.  We would run make in three
different contexts:
 a) At the command line inside an XP command
    prompt window.
 b) Launched by Visual Studio as an nmake replacement.
 c) At the bash command line (using cygwin's bash).

The problem would only occur (for us) when make was invoked
within bash.

At the time we were using a version of cygwin from the end
of January (2004); sorry, but I do not have a version number.

It turned out that if we uninstalled/reinstalled an earlier
version of cygwin (the date on cygwin1.dll is jan 19, 2004)
then the problem went away.

I do not understand, though, why the version of cygwin would
have any influence on make's behavior when the make was
built native.  (I have had separate problems with the
make version provided with cygwin, so we no longer use
the cygwin version of make.)

--
Tom Kronmiller