Re: sh.exe running twice per job

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: sh.exe running twice per job
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:05:47 +0000

on the 27/03/04 18:16, Earnie Boyd wrote:
J. Grant wrote:

Why does sh.exe need to run twice?

Because that is the way bash works? sh.exe -c foo.sh starts sh as a parent process and the child sh executes the script.

Do you know how the first sh.exe passes script to the child process in
that case out of interest?  (The child sh.exe does not have any
arguments.)  Seems a little excessive, but I doubt any extra overhead of
this extra intermediary process is noticeable in general use.  It
appears to me like the parent sh.exe just uses the child sh.exe to
launch the final process.  Not sure why it does not just launch it
directly though.

Regards

JG