Re: hash table memory leak

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: hash table memory leak
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:50:42 -0500

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg> I noticed the global hash tables leak memory as they are not freed
  jg> before make exits.

There's no need to free things before a process exits: when a process
exits the operating system frees up all the heap that was allocated.

Doing this just causes the process to take longer to shut down, doing
nothing useful.

Doesn't Windows do this for you as well?