README.W32.template

From: J. Grant
Subject: README.W32.template
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:18:05 +0000

Hello,

I noticed in the my 2004-02-22 CVS checkout the patch to improve the
documentation in this file has still not been applied... or any revision
of it.

Could it be considered please?

I can revise the README.W32.template further as well, because GNU Make
WINDOWS32 compiles and links fine with MSVC++.Net too, on ms-windows 200
and ms-windows XP.

Let me know if you are considering applying my patch please, as this is
my third email asking about it.

Kind regards

JG

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/make-w32/2003-11/msg00046.html

%% "J. Grant" <address@hidden> writes:

  jg> Is there a reason why "template" was appended to this files name
  jg> in CVS?

Because during the creation of the tarball releases the file is
processed to replace tokens for the release #, etc. and added as just
"README.W32" in the distribution.

I will add some text along the lines of what you've suggested to that
README.  Thanks!