Re: glob() problem with double '//' in path

From: Kris Warkentin
Subject: Re: glob() problem with double '//' in path
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:28:03 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

It is a known issue with Windows system calls and API functions: they
barf on multiple consecutive slashes.  A better way is to fix this in
the underlying library, but that's impossible to do in a native
Windows port (Cygwin and DJGPP do that, but then they own the
library).

It's probably best to condition the patch in WINDOWS32, or perhaps
invent a function e.g. normalize_file_name that would be a no-op on
all platforms except Windows and hide its implementation on a
Windows-specific file.

Okay. Right at the moment we're scrambling to get a beta out the door but when I have some spare time, I'll try to clean it up.

cheers,

Kris