Re: Incorrect use of CreateProcess() call in make?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Incorrect use of CreateProcess() call in make?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:35:12 +0200

> Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:00:28 +0200 (GTB Standard Time)
> From: Jani <address@hidden>
>
> Clearly this problem could be worked around using either full paths to the
> tools or using a separate batch file to call the tools or forcing the use
> of a shell (i.e. cmd /c), but this isn't very neat.
>
> If my interpretation of what's going on is correct, I'd say this is a bug
> in the Windows port.

I agree.

> I'd appreciate any comments or other workarounds. Is
> there an option in make to force the use of a shell for command execution?

I won't recommend to go thru the shell, since there are so many of
them on Windows, each one slightly different and subtly incompatible
with the others.

The best way to fix that would be to modify the way CreateProcess is
used so that it always gets a fully-qualified absolute file name of
the program to run.  This would mean to add code before CreateProcess
is called that scans PATH and finds the executable.