Re: Case-sensitivity in DOS filenames

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Case-sensitivity in DOS filenames
Date: 19 Nov 2003 07:55:48 +0200

> From: "Andy Voelkel" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:33:22 -0800
>
> >As to stupid tools that munge letter-case, I have one simple advice:
> >don't use them.
>
> Got another TMS320C549 cross compiler I can use?

That's not the issue here.  You asked why would _anyone_ want a
case-sensitive build of Make, and I tried to explain that.  It
certainly _is_ possible to have a development environment which
preserves letter-case in file names on Windows, although perhaps not
for TMS320C549 (can't you build a cross-GCC that targets the TMS?).
Thus, the case-sensitive build of Make has its place under the sun.