RE: Case-sensitivity in DOS filenames

From: Andy Voelkel
Subject: RE: Case-sensitivity in DOS filenames
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:23:54 -0800

>Simple answer, is to make sure the version you use is configured for
>case insensitivity.  Perhaps,
>http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/mingw32-make-3.80.0-3.exe?download
would
>work better for you.  It is configured with case insensitivity.

Thank you! I also ran into the case sensitivity problem. It is essential
for make to be case insensitive if you have compile tools that do stupid
things like convert the names of your object files to lower case, and
you also like to use mixed case in your source code filenames.

What I can't figure out is why anyone would want to compile a version of
GNU make for Windows that _is_ case sensitive. For that reason, I
assumed that this was not an option. I'm glad to be wrong!

- Andy