Re: Case-sensitivity in DOS filenames

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Case-sensitivity in DOS filenames
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:21:42 -0500

Jens M Pedersen wrote:
Hi
My version is GNU make 3.78.1 and environment is Win2000.

I have downloaded two different versions of GNU make for Windows.
Both reply
   GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
   Built for Windows32

One version comes from
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
The other comes from Analog Devices with a lot of compilers and other
stuff.

Now I discover that the version from unisutils are case-insensitive on file
names
and the one from Analog is case-sensitive.

How can that be?

Different preprocessor flags that include or don't include code specific to the nature desired or not desired.

Is there a possibility to control the case-sensitivity behaviour?
People use Window does seldom case about filename case
and I may find the the file name case is different from PC to PC.
I would like the make to work on all PCs.
Any hints.

Simple answer, is to make sure the version you use is configured for case insensitivity. Perhaps, http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/mingw32-make-3.80.0-3.exe?download would work better for you. It is configured with case insensitivity.

Earnie.
--
http://www.mingw.org