Re: make signal text descriptions

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: make signal text descriptions
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:13:53 -0500

J. Grant wrote:
Hi Earnie,

ok, I wonder if win32 has extra signals, this code 127, could these be supported for win32 ports?

#define SIGINT          2       /* Interactive attention */
#define SIGILL          4       /* Illegal instruction */
#define SIGFPE          8       /* Floating point error */
#define SIGSEGV         11      /* Segmentation violation */
#define SIGTERM         15      /* Termination request */
#define SIGBREAK        21      /* Control-break */
#define SIGABRT         22      /* Abnormal termination (abort) */

#define NSIG 23     /* maximum signal number + 1 */

Earnie

I noticed on this list list they talk about it being a failed exec:

If it is a failed exec, could this be added to the list.. if it is convention on win32.

Only if you can find MSDN documentation that supports it.

My win32 build of make is compiled with BATCH_MODE_ONLY_SHELL, and it uses my sh.exe when in --jobs mode. It only has this signal error every few days. Unsure what is causing it. the command runs fine if I run it from a .bat file, or in terminal etc.

Can't tell you either and I only have one CPU.

Earnie
--
http://www.mingw.org