Re: Problem with FOR statements in command lines?

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Problem with FOR statements in command lines?
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:58:47 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:45:49 -0500
From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>

Nothing really special about the port.

I didn't say there were something special; I simply don't know enough
about the MinGW port to have such definitive opinions.

And neither do I, I just supplied the binary build and patches to autoconfiscation to allow configure to work for MinGW using the MSYS tool.

What I meant to say was that either some experienced MinGW users
already know about this problem, or, failing that, that someone should
debug it.

Yes, someone needs to debug it.

I hope you do agree that it's a bug, and that it's specific to the
Windows code in job.c (and maybe elsewhere).  FWIW, the DJGPP port
doesn't have this problem.

Thanks for the pointers to where to look, perhaps the OP or someone else could build a debug version and debug it.

Earnie
--
http://www.mingw.org