Re: Download URL

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Download URL
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:39:49 -0400

%% "Tsuji, Michael" <address@hidden> writes:

  tm> Can you give me the URL for downloading a Windows version of GNU
  tm> make? The GNU make ftp seems to have tar files so I assume it's
  tm> for UNIX.

The FSF doesn't distribute pre-built versions of its packages.  The tar
files you see are the source code: the source code can be built on UNIX
and Windows (and Amiga and VMS).

The format is tar, but you can get tar executables for Windows for
unpacking purposes.

Others might know where you can download pre-built versions.