Re: Savannah bug #4364

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Savannah bug #4364
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:19:06 +0200

> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:04:13 -0400
> From: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>
>
> %% "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   ez> I think it's not Make's fault: it's the Windows shell's fault.  It's
>   ez> the shell that interprets the ;; thing in this case.
>
> I'll add this note to the bug.

As the evidence, you could add that simply running the catargs.bat
batch file from the Windows shell's prompt, with the commands from the
Makefile, removes the ";;" as well.

> But, I'm assuming he/she used the WINDOWS32 port.

He/she could be using the Cygwin port, though.  But WINDOWS32 would
be my first guess as well.

Anyway, I don't see any special handling for `$' unless a Unixy shell
is being used by Make (which I think is not the case).