Override SHELL

From: Gerould S
Subject: Override SHELL
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:58:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I just compiled GNU Make 3.8 on the PC with the
microsoft VC7 compilers on WinXP. I'm trying to
overide the shell that is used by make.

I've tried various things like listed in the various
docs like:

a) set the SHELL enviroment variable to the ksh that I
want to use
b) set the COMSPEC enviroment variable to point to my
ksh
c) set SHELL in the command line: like
gnumake.exe SHELL=/myfiles/ksh.exe -f myMake

None of these seems to work - did I miss something ?

Thanks !
Jerry