Re: Released: mingw32-make-3.80.0-1.exe

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Released: mingw32-make-3.80.0-1.exe
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:56:55 -0400

Manu wrote:
Earnie Boyd wrote:

Paul D. Smith wrote:

%% Earnie Boyd <address@hidden> writes:

 eb> See Patch Id: 1536

Hm.  Is this really all that's necessary?  It seems to me that Manu had
many other changes?

There were probably some unnecessary changes in my beginner attempt.
No. This patch allows me to ./configure for the self hosted mingw32 build system. Other patches are needed to get make working again. As I said before, I'm not familiar with Manu's patches. I'm adding him to the distribution. Perhaps he can submit some patches.

I'm not sure that I can help much now. (I've submitted my idea 6 months
ago)

Are they one this list?

Anyway, if I'm able to do something useful, I'll be pleased to do it.

Currently, I have found a potential problem, but I don't know yet if I'm
just doing something wrong. I'll report that later.

Do any of your changes address issues with finding the GNUmakefile or Makefile? It seems to me that the directory walking and hashing is broken for the WINDOWS32 code. I'm trying to debug it now but perhaps you have already.

Earnie.