Command line length on Win2000

From: Geoffrey Tam
Subject: Command line length on Win2000
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:13:58 -0400

I am running into command line length problems on Win2000 when running
gmake. On Win98, I used command.com as my shell, and could use roughly 120
characters in my make commands. On Win2000, this has been reduced to about
96 characters. Are there any shells out there that will greatly expand from
120 the number of characters I can use in my make commands? I am currently
running version 3.76.1 of the make utility.

I have also noticed that hand typing in the make commands that don't work
from make works on Win2000.