FWD: [Bug #3542] DOS 'move' command is not treated as a command at all,

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: FWD: [Bug #3542] DOS 'move' command is not treated as a command at all, when using in rule
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 00:37:34 -0400

Anyone with any thoughts on this please add them to the bug or just send
them along.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Bug #3542] DOS 'move' command is not treated as a command at all, when using in rule Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 11:03:48 -0400
=================== BUG #3542: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3542&group_id=71

Submitted by: None                    Project: make
Submitted on: Sun 05/11/2003 at 11:03
Severity:  5 - Major                  Bug Group:  Bug
Resolution:  None                     Assigned to:  None
Platform Version:  MS Windows         Fixed Release:  None

rule

Original Submission:
target:
    move file1 file2

this will fail with the followeing message

move file1 file2
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), move file1 file2 , ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
gnumake: *** [file1] Error 2

however the same rule with copy or rename DOC commands will execute properly!!

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: