Re: compiling make

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: compiling make
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:43:59 -0400

Earnie Boyd wrote:
Graff_Zoltan wrote:

Hi!

You can download a precompiled version of 3.79.1 via
http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/make-3.79.1-20010722.tar.gz.

It is the same az mingw32-make.exe, I've found in mingw.

It was compiled with default options. It's not good for me, as I wrote:

I need a make compiled with HAVE_CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS option.

This option is off by default (at the end of config.h.W32)

That's my problem.
The make.exe isn't good for me, and I cannot compile a new one :-(

Understood.  I'll see what I can do for you.

This attached gzipped patch will allow you to use MSYS to configure and
make a WINDOWS32 native version of make-3.80.  You can use
--enable-case-insensitive-file-system to turn on
HAVE_CASE_INSENSITIVE_FS in the config.h file.

Paul, I'll port this to CVS head for an official patch.  If you wish to
review the changes I've attached now it would be appricated. You can ignore the auto generated files, just review the changes to the autotool templates. No changes to the code base are in this patch.

Graff, let me know if you need a precompiled version.

Earnie.