Re: gnumake, windows and backslashes

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: gnumake, windows and backslashes
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:29:03 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I'm using gnumake 3.77 or 3.79.1 under Windows 2000 and the following
problem occurs:

When make calls my compiler (via process_begin), all the backslashes in the
command have gone. The command is printed correctly with all the
backslashes in place, but the compiler is called without them.

Unfortunately  I can't use slashes because my compiler doesn't like them.

Sounds like you need a new compiler! :) Seriously, there is no reason for your compiler to enforce the backslash directory delimiter rule. All of the functions provided by MS accept a forward slash for directory delimiter.

What can I do to get my backslashes in place?

Use two backslashes.

Here's a part of my makefile:
--- cut here ---
AS = as308