Re: Path separator character

From: Mike Capp
Subject: Re: Path separator character
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:36:39 -0000

This may be stating the obvious, but using GNUish command-line utilities doesn't commit you to using an alternative shell. My makefile uses forward- slash paths exclusively, calling the MSYS versions of mkdir, find, rm etc, and works perfectly happily in both the MSYS rxvt shell and in Win98's native DOS shell. I haven't tested it on Win2k/XP yet (new machine finally on order!) but I can't believe that cmd.exe could be any more braindead than COMMAND.COM.

- Mike