Re: SHELL on W2K (gmake 3.79.1) is cmd.exe

From: Parish
Subject: Re: SHELL on W2K (gmake 3.79.1) is cmd.exe
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:15:03 +0000

Paul D. Smith wrote:
%% Parish <address@hidden> writes:

  p> Paul D. Smith wrote:

  >> You might be using the Cygwin port of GNU make?  Note that that version
  >> behaves differently than the standard GNU make for Windows.

  p> Yes, he is, but then so am I, and my system works.

Understood.  My points were that (a) you can't necessarily use the
normal GNU make manual as a reference because the code you're using has
been modified, and (b) you might not get answers on this list that work
for you because you're using a different version of GNU make than most
people here.

Ah, right. I misunerstood you.

Thanks.