RE: Automatic prerequisite generation

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: Automatic prerequisite generation
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:49:31 -0500

%% "Heiko Gerdau" <address@hidden> writes:

  hg> Here is one, maybe someone can help. The following Makefile does
  hg> not work in a windows shell. Make trys to interpret the for loop
  hg> and fails.  But I think make should just pass anything is does not
  hg> know to the shell. Is it a bug or do I miss something?

  hg> cleanall:
  hg>   @for %d in (dir1 dir2) do $(MAKE) -k -r clean srcdir="%d"

I don't know what the problem is, but make is _NOT_ trying to interpret
the for loop.

You will have to provide an error message or something before we can
help further.