Re: Where do I get it?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Where do I get it?
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:04:12 -0500

%% "William Ewing" <address@hidden> writes:

  we> I take it the gnu make for win32 is identical to the linux make,
  we> as in it uses gcc...  I need something that uses gcc!  IT HAS
  we> TO!!!  I'm compiling the Linux kernel, and putting it on a
  we> floppy... does it emulate linux when making exactly, or is it
  we> worthless to me in windows?

I don't really know what you're asking.  Make doesn't "use" GCC; it can
invoke any program you want.  Many times that program is a compiler,
like GCC or any other compiler, but it can also be any other program
that's used to create files (etc.)