Re: 'make' can't do 'commands' in current directory?

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: 'make' can't do 'commands' in current directory?
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:34:40 -0400

Please keep posts on list.

조정현 wrote:
>  >> Here is a makefile
>  >> -----makefile----
>  >> all:
>  >>    @echo $(SHELL)
>  >>    @echo $(COMSPEC)
>  >>    u2d a.c a.c
>  >>    @pwd
>  >>
>  >> and the result is
>  >> -----cmd window----
>  >> C:\Temp>make
>  >> sh.exe
>  >> C:WINNTsystem32cmd.exe
>  >> u2d a.c a.c
>  >> make: u2d: Command not found
>  >> make: *** [all] Error 127
>  >>
>  >> Would you give me explanation why 'make'  can't find u2d command?
>  >> When I do 'u2d a.c a.c' at cmd window directly, it works.
>  >>

>  >Since make is a UNIX program, you might be able to work around the
>  >problem by adding `.' to your PATH list like so
>  >  PATH %PATH%;.
>
>  >Who's distribution of make are you using?
>
> I've got 'make' from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe

Then the executable must be found on PATH as Cygwin is POSIX compliant.
 Using --win32 or setting MAKE_MODE=win32 may have the affect to cause
the executable to be found in Win32 sytle.  I know that it will help
with other Win32isms your using.

> What do people usually say who's distribution that is?

That would depend on the distribution being used.  There are several,
two other distributions can be found at http://www.mingw.org.

Earnie.