Re: [Mingw-users] Make configuration for Win32.

From: Soren A
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Make configuration for Win32.
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:16:54 +0000 (UTC)

"Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden> wrote in
news:address@hidden:

> For bcopy etc., the configure script checks that these exist and, if
> not, redefines them using ISO C functions (see make.h).

I don't require a reply, Paul, -- I don't want to seem lazy and the
proper non-lazy thing for me to do (which for reasons other than sheer
laziness I am inhibited from doing in my present setup right now, for a
little longer) would be to check out the CVS sources and check
change-logs myself.

But: as of make-3.80rc1, this wasn't true: checking for bcopy() wasn't
happening. Nor for memmove(). I posted about that in another message
tonight and so I am mentioning it here (I read the other message and
replied before finding and reading this thread). So if make's source
build-configuration IS checking for bcopy() now, it's a recent addition?

  Best,
   Soren A