Re: Make fails to execute shell commands using sh under Win32

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Make fails to execute shell commands using sh under Win32
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:48:32 -0400

%% Ted Phares <address@hidden> writes:

  tp> Using make 3.79.1 for Win32 (the make binary distributed with
  tp> cygwin):

Hi;

It's unfortunately confusing, but the version of GNU make distributed by
Cygwin is not actually the same as the GNU make provided by the FSF.

You really want to talk to the Cygwin folks about issues with that
version of GNU make.

Thx!