Re: [Mingw-users] Re: Make configuration for Win32.

From: Manu
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] Re: Make configuration for Win32.
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 06:44:17 +0200

Luke Dunstan wrote :

> I don't quite understand what is wrong with _WIN32,
[cut]

Just for information, and because I discussed before with
Mr Richard Stallman, one of the creators of make and other
famous softwares. (a very kind person BTW).
The problem is ideologic, Mr Stallman considers the term "Win"
as a hacker term that makes the apology, in a sense, of a
proprietary software:
Windows.

Hope, I've reproduced accurately what RMS told me.

Anyway, as Paul D. Smith said, make is a FSF package, then
WINDOWS32 is used in the make program.

That's all. That was just to inform. I respect RMS' opinion, and
I will, of course, avoid entering in a sterile debate about personal
opinions.
I just sincerely hope that the FSF and MinGW team will think
positively to make things better.
I'm confident :)

Manu.