RE: [Mingw-users] Make configuration for Win32.

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: [Mingw-users] Make configuration for Win32.
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:21:07 -0400

%% "John Cronin" <address@hidden> writes:

  jc> When running automake (both versions 1.6.1 and 1.6.3), I get the
  jc> following

  jc> Makefile.am:136: automatically discovered file `getloadavg.c' should not
be explicitly mentioned

Yes, ignore this.  If you run it again it will work.

I don't know exactly why it's upset about this but if I take this out:

  jc> loadavg_SOURCES = getloadavg.c

then it doesn't work (I can't build my test program).

  jc> and

  jc> #define ISTRING_COMPARE(X, Y, RESULT) do { \
  jc>   _RESULT_ = stricmp ((X), (Y));
  jc> } while (0)

  jc> now when I try to compile, these give an undefined symbol on
  jc> _RESULT_.  Am I right in thinking that these should be RESULT ?

No, the problem is that the second line of the last macro doesn't end in
a backslash; this has been fixed in CVS for a while.

  jc> (I have tested my Linux (Slackware-8.0 with modifications) and
  jc> Cygwin).  On both of these, make check passes.  However, on msys,
  jc> all the tests fail.

Well, you can look in the tests/work/ subdirectory and check out the
diff files to see why it's upset.

Note that the test suite invokes a few sub-programs, such as diff, using
system() so if that fails everything else will fail.

Also it could be CRLF vs. LF problems I guess.

  jc> If I were to supply a diff, with what options to diff, and based
  jc> on which sources (3.80rc1 or CVS?)

I prefer "diff -u", but "diff -c" is also fine.

It's best to try against the CVS HEAD (as I mention above, some of the
problems you're running into are fixed there already).