Compiling GNU Make for Win32 on Win2k with VC7

From: Nigel Peck
Subject: Compiling GNU Make for Win32 on Win2k with VC7
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:35:14 +0100

Can someone please tell me how to setup make on Win2k with VC7 nmake.

I downloaded make-3.79.1.tar.gz, the readme.w32 only mentions win95, 98
and NT. Is there a more recent version I should get (I downloaded from a
mirror) or am I doing something wrong or doesn't it work?

(I tried the following instructions)

1. Make sure cl.exe is in your %Path%. Example:
set Path=%Path%;c:/msdev/bin
2. Make sure %include% is set to msvc include directory. Example:
set include=c:/msdev/include
3. Make sure %lib% is set to msvc lib directory. Example:
set lib=c:/msdev/lib
4. nmake /f NMakefile

But I keep getting dll errors that mspdb70.dll wasn't found, I put the
path into PATH but it still complains.

I'm not subscribed to this list, I got the email address from
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/make.html

TIA
Nigel

ITM Business Solutions
Unit 4
Nine Trees Trading Estate
Morthen Road
Rotherham
S66 9JG

Reception
Tel: 01709 703288
Fax: 01709 701549

Help Desk
Tel:01709 530424
Fax: 01709 702159

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of
under applicable law.