Installing gnumake for win32

From: Rohanna Rajapakse
Subject: Installing gnumake for win32
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:40:57 +0100

Dwr gnumake users,

I am struggling to get gnumake utility on win32 (winNT) environment.
Installing ggnu gcc and g++ was not a problem. I am trying to install
"make-3.79". There is a batch file "build_w32.bat" file in the
downloaded s/w and it was this that I tried to install. It was giving an
error message saying thet the variable "LOCALEDIR" is not declared in
main.c. So I declared it as a "char *". Now it gives the following error
:

G:\MINGW32\make-3.79>echo off
"Linking WinDebug/gnumake.exe"
subproc.lib(sub_proc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_debug_flag
.\WinDebug/gnumake.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
"WinDebug build failed"

Can anyone who succeed in installing gnumake for win32 please help me ?

Thanks

ROhana