Re: Case problems and file permissions on Make

From: Omar Al-Kaisy
Subject: Re: Case problems and file permissions on Make
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:42:25 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks again. The problem with all this is, if I use a Windows
port (as downloaded from http://phoenix.liu.edu/~mdevi/util/page1.htm)
then I get the "glob: EXEC error" which you mailed me about a few
weeks ago! Any views?

And does anyone have a native Windows port of Make?

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Omar Al-Kaisy wrote:
>
> > But none of my filenames are too long for DOS to handle anyway.
>
> All DOS system calls up-case file names, and the DOS emulator that is
> part of Windows NT doesn't bother to downcase them when it writes the
> file names to disk.  So you get UPER-CASE file names.
>
> > Would there be no way to avoid this problem I'm having?
>
> Not with a DOS port of Make, not unless you use a different version of
> Windows.
>
> > Is there a version I could obtain which would NOT upcase?
>
> Get a native Windows port of Make.  Unfortunately, I don't have a URL,
> but perhaps someone else on this list will.

---
Omar Al-Kaisy               address@hidden
SAM Business Systems Ltd    http://www.SamBuSys.com
22-24 Claremont Road        (+44 or 0)20 8390 7333
Surbiton, Surrey KT6 4QU    Fax:         8390 7699