Case problems and file permissions on Make

From: Omar Al-Kaisy
Subject: Case problems and file permissions on Make
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:50:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hello

I seem to be having problems with make.exe, and have been
recommended this address to report bugs to. It seems that if
I run my makefile (I use the -f flag in case this makes a
difference), and the makefile basically copies files from one
directory to another, then a file which is in lower case in
the source directory becomes upper case in the target directory.
And the files are copied with writable priviliges only to the
user and not the group (although I appreciate this may be
an environment issue).

I am using make version 3.79.1 on a Windows NT4 platform,
downloaded from the GNU site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Omar
---
Omar Al-Kaisy               address@hidden
SAM Business Systems Ltd    http://www.SamBuSys.com
22-24 Claremont Road        (+44 or 0)20 8390 7333
Surbiton, Surrey KT6 4QU    Fax:         8390 7699