|Subject:||make keeps directory open after $(wildcard ..) test|
|Date:||Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:52:34 -0800|
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 14:07:51 -0800
From: dave russo <address@hidden>
Subject: make keeps directory open after $(wildcard ..) test
Cc: Dave Russo <address@hidden>
The following makefile will *not* remove the directory package on Win2k machines:
The error message returned by make is:
- ifeq (,$(wildcard package))
- $(shell mkdir package)
- ifeq (,$(wildcard package/cfg))
- $(shell mkdir package/cfg)
- @rm -rf package
It appears that the "ifeq (,$(wildcard package/cfg))" statement results in the package directory being opened but not closed. The "rm -rf" fails due to an access violation; the rm process finds that the directory package is open by gmake itself.
- rm: cannot remove directory "package": The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
- gmake: *** [clean] Error 1
This occurs in versions 3.78.1 and 3.79.1 of make on Win2k. I've tried using both cygnus and MKS version rm.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|