Response to Jan Jacobs' "Problem using make in Win2k command line"

From: Roger Gill
Subject: Response to Jan Jacobs' "Problem using make in Win2k command line"
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:28:42 -0400

I get errors using make, too, and it works fine when I cut and paste the
commands to the command line.  The problem is not limited to building
new variables from multiple variables; however, I've tried so much
lately I can't remember exactly what happened when.  I have two versions
of GNU make:

    3.79.1 "Built for i386-pc-msdosdjgpp"
    3.79.1 "Built for i686-pc-cygwin"

The latter has a "--win32" switch that fixes some of those problems.  By
the way "make -v" will tell you the version.

RG